Our Audiologist: Dr. Nelly R. Ledesma
Dr. Nelly R. Ledesma is the Chairman and Clinical Audiologist of the Ledesma Audiological Center, Inc. (A Diagnostic and Rehabilitation Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) that has 10 complete Audiological centers nationwide and has outstanding credentials:
A. Academic Background
- Au.D. Equivalency, Clinical Audiology, American Academy of Audiology 2002
- Ph.D. Language Teaching, University of the Philippines 1990
- Ph.D. Candidate in Audiology, Kent State University (USA) 1978
- M.A. Speech Pathology & Audiology, Kent State University (USA) 1974
- M.A. Special Education, University of the Philippines 1968
- B.S. Elementary Education, Philippine Normal College 1964
B. Certification & Awards
Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology, Ohio, USA 1978
Asian Awardee in Audiology given by Dr. Genji Murai by the Interactive
Association of the Deaf based in Tokyo, Japan in 1990.
National Awardee in Science and Technology given by President Fidel
V. Ramos in 1992.
National Teachers Award presented by the Philippine Normal University in
C. Honors Received
Topnotcher, Civil Service, Teachers Exam, Division of Bulacan 1964
Bureau of Public School Scholar, University of the Philippines in Special
Education 1967 to 1968.
University Scholar, University of the Philippines, 1st Semester 1967 - 1968
College Scholar, University of the Philippines, 2nd Semester 1967 - 1968
Graduate Assistant, Kent State University 1972 - 1974.
International Scholar, Kent State University, summer 1973
First and only Filipino Audiologist & Fellow of the American Academy of
Audiology (FAAA) up to the present.
International affiliate member American Speech and Hearing Association
(ASHA) from 1974 up to present.
Member, American Auditory Society since 1978.